Archers Adda

Adda is Hindi for den/lair.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Dying hope

Memories of a past gone by
Memories to cherish and say goodbye
Memories that flood your eyes
Everytime you realise
That its not everyday
Time grants you an elusive stay
In the capsule of emotions.

In times of despair
do we ever care
about the other side of life
in which obstacles are rife
when the compass of direction
falters with no compassion
to be relegated...in an antique collection.

Defiant for we are forever
to destinies lone messenger
which for me now has become
along with the rising sun
my trusty newspaper.

In trepidation and desperation
I turn the pages in isolation
Is there some news for me?
What does my festering premonition let me see?
Alas!...it's the same old rhetoric
A new law to hoodwink the optimistic.

A law comes
and a law goes
but does it make any difference
to those who struggle
with those whose minds are fickle?
Time it seems
will always have an answer.

8 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger black feline said...

wow..u are a poet! memories do not really go away i think...a scene or even a scent will brings back flashback..by the way, why so melancholic :(

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger archer14 said...

Melancholic...because I'm stuck in between the devil and the deep blue sea :(

 
At 7:56 AM, Blogger black feline said...

chill out..lol...relax my friend..there's light at the end of the tunnel..hopefully it's not an oncoming train..lol...

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger archer14 said...

Ah yes, it's the Dubai Metro...
:P

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

I totally missed that you have a new blog! Good good. Achi baat. aur shairee bhi likhte hai. vah vah

 
At 7:24 PM, Blogger archer14 said...

Welcome Sha'ira!
Yaaron mere sher ko sunoh...
Yarron mere sher ko sunoh...
Mujhe kuch nahin aata, kisi aur se sunoh...

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger Shaykhspeara Sha'ira said...

thanx arch. yaar yeh bhi to sher hai! lol

 
At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

 

Post a Comment

<< Home