Archers Adda

Adda is Hindi for den/lair.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Bidding adieu

I took each small step one at a time. But each step would only fall in the bigger footprints of what others tread.

When I look back at my life, I realise the small steps I took in a different direction, because I'd always felt different. Even when I was a kid, and even now at 26.

I've begun to notice the general flow of things. Of life. Of friendships. Of Work. Of satisfaction. Goals. Aspirations. Ambitions.

I've just broken away from a friendship; rather a friendship that just faded away with the passage of time. Ego's clashed, heated arguments followed, but it couldn;t bring back the good times we'd had before.

I'd always kept reality far away from me. So far that I forgot how nasty it could be when it struck my life with all of its impact. I believe we all live happy, guilt free lives until reality comes in to give us the popular check up.

I've made the decision to keep it where it's always been. Somewhere in the back of my mind. We can have endless check ups later, but I do want to cherish the good times whenever they come by. Should I look at some issue through the eyes of a sinister person? It would've helped if the results of pure logic didn't sting that bad. But then, it usually does, after all the damage has been done.

I don't know how to take the step ahead. For every step brings me nothing but despair. As much as I'd like to savour the good times this new direction could bring forth, I dread the aftermath.

I usually am the afermath. To me, everythings had to have an end. I've never been a tight rope walker, and never will be.

So here's to the good times; times I'll always cherish.

I bid adieu to this friendship I had, and wish myself some luck, happiness, and love to my next rendezvous in a new friendship, however short it might be.

4 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger rosh said...

WOW, that's from the heart. I've always believed in the saying, people come into our lives for a a reason. Personally, I've looked back and realized, anyone/everyone who had come into my life, brought along a purpose - a purpose to fill a need/want in my life.

Some friends move on, memoirs of friendships stay on. Chin up!

 
At 8:13 PM, Blogger archer14 said...

Thanks Rosh for stopping by, I forgot about my own blog until this post!

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger * said...

Hello archer. Welcome back.
Bohat din hogaye.
Reflection is, I find almost like spring cleaning of the soul.
And much like you, everything for me has to have an end. I dont like loose ends. If the other party leaven a dangling end, I make sure to terminate that.
(hmm any spooky saggitarian link??)
I give the person so much "dheel" and then at some point when that person has reached his culmination, he just ceases to exist for me. Even the memories that I had, the good ones, I just wipe of the slate.
Sirff iss liye, that with memories there is regret, betrayal and remembrance.
Sometimes you just emotionally out grow a relationship.
Then its best to move on.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger archer14 said...

Oh yes, Kaya..it's been such a long time!
Yep, I wish I had the strength to wiping clean the slate like you do. Maybe with enough practice I'll get the hang of it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home